Welcome to the ISAP Website
The ISAP is a non-profit organization that aims to promote research, preservation of algal genotypes, and the dissemination of knowledge concerning the utilisation of algae. In order to meet these objectives, the ISAP promotes the following activities:
- Organizes triennial meetings, encouraging wide participation from academia and industry.
- Forms an informed source of expertise among members who could provide an accurate, disinterested opinion. concerning algal products or relating to environmental impact.
- Forms links and affiliations with existing national and regional organizations of applied phycology.
- Promotes exchange of students and researchers.
- Applies for special grants and donations from international bodies, governments and industry to support activities of the Society.
- Issues an electronic newsletter to publicise activities.
- Organizes workshops and training programs.
- Supports culture collections of algae.
- Organizes exhibitions of commercial algal products and similar pertinent exhibits along the triennial meetings.